Graduate Theology School Degree Programs
Master of Arts in Biblical and Theological Studies
The Master of Arts in Biblical and Theological Studies degree is a 36 hour program providing the student with a basic overview of core theological study. It is possible for a student, taking two courses per block, to complete their MABTS in two years. All courses taken for the MABTS will count towards the Master of Divinity.
Master of Divinity
The Master of Divinity degree is a 96 hour program providing the student with a comprehensive expositional study of the entire Bible and a basic overview of core theological study. The student can further enhance their degree with one of a growing list of concentrations. It is possible for a student, taking two courses per block, to complete their MDiv in four years.
Course of Study
Both programs will begin with a number of Foundational Courses to include:
- ORT 5301 Research and Writing - This course will introduce the student to the principles of research methods, academic writing and effective academic paper preparation. The student will be taught how to leverage their Logos Porfolio Library in the research process.
- LNG 5301 Logos Academic Training - A thorough orientation to all of the major features of Logos Bible Study Software. The student will be required to purchase the Portfolio Library which includes over 2,500 titles. As a student, a 50% academic discount will apply to all purchases from Logos.
- LNG 5302 Hebrew Language Tools - This course will allow the student to learn how to interpret and translate Hebrew language through the English Bible in Logos.
- LNG 5303 Greek Language Tools - This course will allow the student to learn how to interpret and translate the Greek language through the English Bible in Logos.
- BIB 5301 Inductive Bible Study - This course will introduce the student to a proven inductive Bible Study Method which will enhance their personal Bible Study as well as preaching and teaching ministries.
- THL 5301 Spiritual Disciplines 1 - This course will introduce the student to the various disciplines of the faith in order to increase their spirituality. Aspects of prayer, fasting, Bible study, scripture memorization, confession, solitude, simplicity, etc. will be explored.
- THL 5302 Spiritual Disciplines 2 - This course will introduce the student to Experiencing God (Henry Blackaby), Seven Habits of Highly Effective People (Steven Covey) and Getting Things Done (David Allen).
NOTE: These courses must be successfully completed before any Independent Studies can be authorized during the summer or other times during the year.
Both programs will build upon the foundational courses through expositional study of the English Bible and other introductory courses. The MABTS Program will require students to take one or two courses offered each block until their degree requirement is satisfied.
- BIB 5302 Old Testament 1 - The Pentateuch
- BIB 5303 Old Testament 2 - The Historical Writings
- BIB 5304 Old Testament 3 - The Poetical Writings
- BIB 5305 Old Testament 4 - The Major Prophets
- BIB 5306 Old Testament 5 - The Minor Prophets
- BIB 5307 New Testament 1 - The Gospels
- BIB 5308 New Testament 2 - Acts
- BIB 5309 New Testament 3 - Pauline Epistles 1
- BIB 5310 New Testament 4 - Pauline Epistles 2
- BIB 5311 New Testament 5 - The General Epistles
- BIB 5312 New Testament 6 - The Revelation
- HIS 5301 Christian History 1
- HIS 5302 Christian History 2
- HIS 5303 Baptist Heritage
- THL 5303 Biblical Ethics
- THL 5304 Systematic Theology 1
- THL 5305 Systematic Theology 2